If you're experiencing issues that cause your game to crash shortly after booting, or are having severe graphical/visual issues, please make sure you try the following.
1) Ensure that your Graphics Card drivers are completely up to date. Windows will often incorrectly report these as up to date so it's best to check the following links:
- For Nvidia Cards please visit https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-uk.
- For AMD Cards please visit https://www.amd.com/en/support.
- Please note that having both AMD and Nvidia drivers installed on your machine can cause conflicts in some cases so if you used to own a different card, please make sure all older drivers are removed.
2) Try disabling in-game overlays in various 3rd party apps, good examples of this are:
- Discord Overlay
- Nvidia Experience Overlay
3) Try disabling 3rd party software you may have running in the background that are not essential to running the game. In some cases external software has been known to cause issues with the game, some examples of this are:
- MSI Afterburner
- EVGA PrecisionX